Wednesday, June 30, 2010

IF MY HAIR WERE A CELEBRITY...



... it would be Angelina Jolie in SALT. The rest of me doesn't know what to do with that.


I love my bangs. I don't know what got into me, maybe it was Paris, maybe it was summer, maybe I just finally grew a pair. It takes guts to really make a commitment to bangs. But if you're not quite sure you're ready to take the leap, you can try them out for a few weeks. Check this out: clip-on bangs! I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen some for myself. They actually look pretty good. Here are some from Jessica Simpson: http://www.nextag.com/hair-extension-clip-on-bangs/search-html

My mama's first job was as a hairdresser. Her Daddy was the chief barber at Ft. Stewart in Savannah, GA during WWII. Which is to say, a way with hair runs in the family. Of course, I'd never let my mother cut my bangs. Again. You'll have to wait for the memoir to read all about the first time, meanwhile, if you decide to get some bangs of your own, do yourself a favor and go to Lukaro salon. Everybody else does. Ask for Maggie: http://www.lukaro.com/

And of course in my continuous search for all things stylish in the hair department I have a few new products to suggest. First, the Glossing Cream from FEKKAI is wonderful! How did I not know about this sooner? Just a dab'll do ya, so it lasts forever. It smooths out the frizzies, increases manageability, and makes my hair so soft I can even use hotel shampoo! Find it at Sephora, Walgreens, and Bath and Body Works: http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3140173&CAWELAID=328581370

And, in the interest of defining my new layered bangs, I found the Light Elements Texturizing cream from AVEDA. It adds dimension and texture without the greasy look of pomade or the stiff stuff of the 1980's "hair band" era. I don't know about y'all but I do not need to go there.

So, if your hair were a celebrity, who would it be?

1 comment: